Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reboot - Day 1

Well, both Bee and I had reached a point of frustration and longing.  I hadn't lost weight in two weeks and she hadn't seen any real improvement for one.  We decided that our best course of action was to stop the 4HB plan for one week and kind of reboot both our metabolisms and our desire to shed some pounds.  So, after a week of mild indulgence (nothing like a binge day, but filled with rice, pasta and potatoes in modest quantities) we started over today.

Yesterday evening, in preparation, I cooked for about an hour and a half.  First I made up pot full of lentils with beef base as the liquid.  Second I made an egg casserole with one full box of egg substitute, 8 whole eggs, 1 pound of ground turkey, about 1.5 cups of lentils and about the same of mixed veggies (to include corn, broccoli and spinach). And finally I cooked up 1.5 pounds of ground turkey, almost all of the remaining lentils and a fine mix of veggies similar to the egg mix.  This 'slumgullion' mixture is to be the only think I eat for two of my four meals a day, the egg casserole will always be my breakfast, and for dinner with Bee we'll make a more traditional meal within the confines of the 4HB diet.  We're both hoping that the more boring meal choice will lead to a slightly higher weight loss.

Series 2, Day 1, March 6, 2011

Morning Weigh In 

Bob - 194.6! This is my new 'zero' point from which all future comparisons will be measured.  The truth is that my first 53 days only resulted in 5 pounds of weight loss with no discernible body-fat loss (but to be truthful my scale is a little wonky!). 

6:00 a.m.
Green Tea & Stevia (As a part of this new attempt at reaching 180 lbs. I've taken a page from the Blood Type diet and eliminated coffee from my diet.  All I drink now is green tea with Stevia).

6:15 a.m.
(Bee & Bob) Egg casserole

10:00 a.m.
(Bee & Bob) Ground Turkey, Lentils, & Veg mixture


12:00 - 2:00 First softball practice of the year.  Light to moderate exercise)


2:30 p.m.
(Bee & Bob) Ground Turkey, Lentils, & Veg mixture

7:00 p.m.
(Bee & Bob) Flank Steak, Baked Cauliflower, Broccoli, & Carrots, Black Beans with onion/vinegar

Notes:

Some of our favorite recipes can be found here: 4-HB Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment